General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions cover what is included in your standard installation and the process if we need to quote for extra works.
There can sometimes be issues which our experts come across on the install day which mean we can’t complete the install on the first visit. We will do everything we can to find out about these issues in advance by completing an assessment of work which will check the location and risks involved.
AutoCargas’ standard installation package will cover the majority of homes in the Costa Blanca South and includes the following;
- Fitting of a charger to a wall or to a permanent structure deemed suitable by the AutoCarga expert.
- Up to 15 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity supply meter / distribution board and installed charger.
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm thick, if this is needed.
- The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charger.
- Up to 3 metres of plastic conduit to conceal interior wiring.
Conditions and limitations of your installation:
- Your chosen location for your charger must be off a public road and at a height where it cannot be hit by a vehicle.
- The charger cannot be installed above 1.8m from the ground. If this is necessary, extra work will need to be accounted for and you will receive and update quote.
- If your charging arrangement requires overhead or underground cables, we will have to quote for this additional work. If we find this out on the day of installation, work may need pausing and returning to with additional materials and equipment.
- Our experts will decide whether conditions are safe or not and reserve the right to refuse to work in crawl spaces, lofts or on roofs.
- If the weather becomes extreme; intense rain, flooding etc, the expert on site will do as much as they can, but may have to return at a later date if it becomes too difficult or unsafe.
If your existing wiring does not meet regulations:
- AutoCarga follows all Spanish regulated guidelines on Electric Vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these regulations, then your installation will be paused and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these rules or there is something else that makes it
If your electrical system cannot support the additional electrical demands:
If your main fuse is not up to scratch and doesn’t have the electrical capacity to support your electric car charger, we may have to put the installation on hold until the main fuse its upgraded by your electricity supplier.
Timing and unexpected additional works:
We expect to take 3 hours to complete your installation. If our experts think that the job may take longer for any reason, they will make this clear and we may have to increase the cost of the quote to reflect this. This will be confirmed before any work commences and will not change unless an unforeseen issue occurs.
Your warranty is covered by Project EV. Depending on the model of charger, a 3 or 5 year warranty applies. In the case of you needing to claim a replacement, contact us first and we will aid in the process.
Limitation of liability:
AutoCarga will only accept liability for our software and products in events of loss, costs or consequential damage if caused by our own negligence. In the event that an issue arises due to the misuse of the product AutoCarga accepts no liability.
AutoCarga will not accept any liability for and lost, costs or consequential damage caused due to a paused or aborted installation of a Charger in the event that it is deemed unsafe of impractical to install. This includes, but is not limited to, issues regarding land ownership or a lack of availability of power to the charger. In these circumstances we will issue a full refund, unless you knowingly withheld information from us prior to the install. Our liability for any other losses won’t exceed the amount we charge you for your install, except for our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence and anything else where our liability can’t be limited by law.
Plan Moves III for Electric Car Charging:
Plan Moves II provides an incentive for EV drivers to have an AutoCarga Electric Vehicle Charger installed at their home. AutoCarga will assist you with the application in order to claim the incentive.
The incentive is subject to a number of terms and conditions, a summary of which is provided here. https://www.idae.es/ayudas-y-financiacion/para-movilidad-y-vehiculos/programa-moves-iii
We use partner installers to fit the charger. They will be Project EV accredited and will always complete the job up to AutoCarga standards. If you have any issues with our installers. Please contact us directly to report this.
Local network conditions
The speed in which your charger will is capable of charging may vary based on the local network conditions – the amount of power which is available in the location it is installed. These conditions are not fixed and will vary continuously depending on electrical load on the network and local power generation.
If at any time there is not sufficient power to charge at maximum speed, the charger may temporarily restrict itself to a lower charging rate until the local network conditions improve.
Local network conditions are not under AutoCargas’ control and therefore AutoCarga does not guarantee any particular power output in relation to your charger, and accepts no liability or responsibility arising therefrom.